Old 03-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Frank

Default anthurium leaf turn brown at the middle of leaf edge

Hello all,

I bought an anthurium this spring. It came with 2 blooms and never had
any more. I understand that's probably because the lighting is not
enough. But the leaves turn down even though they still send out new
leaves. The way it turns brown is interesting. The leaves are heart
shaped. The brown spots start at the middle of both leaf edges and the
spots grow bigger and bigger and merge and the whole leaf becomes so
ugly and I cut it. So many leaves follow the same browning pattern.
I'm wondering whether this relates to any know cause or desease.

Thanks a lot for any insights!

Tiff