Old 28-07-2004, 02:28 PM
nutNhoney

Default Diogs where they don't belong

Glenna Rose wrote:

writes:

Well what's the deal? You're shooting down ideas without giving any
reasons.
Figure it out on your own then.

Just remember, it's his loss. He apparently has not heard of folks who
use them and swear by them. Gee, a pest control with no poisons or
anything else to harm animal or human, why would anyone want to try that?!

Glenna, Stan explained that he lived in an area where a motion sprinkler
would not be feasible in a reply to me. From his posts, he is not in
the US and perhaps can't even get a hold of one. I remember seeing a
DIY project for one online but don't have the link. At any rate, he is
asking for a fiable solution to a problem. As gardeners, I'm sure we
can help him with this problem.

Try not to take it personally, some folks want a complicated solution when
a simple one will suffice. Or maybe he has no outside water faucet. As I
understand from a friend who has one of the sprinklers, one of the
beauties of them is that they operate for only a few seconds so there is
no waste of water. My own observation regarding my feeble attempts to
keep the squirrel away from the apricots is that it only takes 2 or 3
seconds which certainly is not a waste of water; more than that is used
flushing the toilet once.

IIRC, the literature says they use about a cup of water per spray.
However, Stan can't use this solution. Given his location, water is
likely at a very high premium and simply not a viable solution. I
suggested cayenne powder or spray, a cheap and effective solution. A
google search may reveal other solutions.