Old 04-08-2004, 03:47 PM
pronoun

Default soil heating cables for winter use/heating a greenhouse

Hi Amber,

You may consider building a bubble wrap dome inside the greenhouse. I used
this to good effect last winter in a large DIY propagator with heating
cables controlled by a lighting dimmer switch. If this is feasable, try to
arrange the roof, such that the condensation drips back into the soil (sand
in my case.) This is by far the most economic method I know.

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message
Would using soil heating cables be an economic way of keeping plants frost
free in the winter? I am presuming that the heat will rise and keep the

rest