Old 04-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Bob Hobden

Default No fruit courgettes

Andy W wrote after...
kathleen syson
writes
Kept mine in a shed nice and warm by a huge window plenty of fresh air,
light, love and care etc - they also started to flower;

In a shed? All mine have always been more than happy outside (not
greenhouse). If in a shed, its probably that the flowers aren't being
fertilised by visiting insects?

Quite! We plant ours out after the last frost, first week of June, on top of
a large bucket sized hole filled with well rotten compost. Use the soil dug
out to make a circular dam around the plant to ensure any water goes down
into the compost. Water daily, half a watering can each min, add feed each
week, and let nature take it's course with the pollination.
Even our cucumbers grow outside.

Greenhouses are for things that like heat and a long growing season like
Toms and Chillies although we grow them outside too. :-)

--
Regards
Bob