Old 05-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Bob Hobden

Default No fruit courgettes

"kathleen syson" wrote
They 'were' in a shed cos I have no greenhouse - said shed has its doors
open around 16 hours a day; so I thought erroneously, that plenty of the

old
pollinators would trip in and out willy nilly. some kind respondent
suggested the idea of covering with a bucket. However, as they are
currently around two feel tall (including pot) I would need some size

bucket
to protect. My main concern is that the garden is subject to some pretty
wild wizzy winds and I woz worried that they may get trashed; as pointed

out
by Ros Butt this is a distinct possibility. Incidentally, surely it

should
by what and not who will pollinate! zoom

As I said, ours are planted out the first week of June on our allotments
which are totally open. Now I realise we aren't in an exposed part of the UK
but, perhaps because of the dams around the plants, we get very little
damage even when very windy.

--
Regards
Bob