Old 03-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Russian sends supplies up to space station

Just for grins and giggles, the Russian supply ship was scheduled months
ago: they don't have the ability to put one up at the drop of a hat any more
than we do. It was just good timing that it went up when it did. I
(personally speaking) feel that the space program is something that we need.
I understand the necessity to find out the "whys" of an accident so that
(hopefully) it can be avoided in the future, but we need to continue as
rapidly as possible, no more 3 year delays (like they did with Challenger).
I was standing on the roof at work to watch the Challenger launch, and was
horrified to see it blow up like it did. But those people died doing what
they loved, and that has to be better than a lot of other ways to die.

Lee

wrote in message
isnt it wonderful that our cooperation with Russian means nobody gets

stranded. And
they still have a soyuz capsule up there to get back home. Ingrid