Old 08-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Tumbleweed

Default Brassica caterpillars control?

"Gary" wrote in message
"Sam" wrote:

Our brassicas are being shredded by thousands of caterpillars what would

be
the best, preferably natural, control to use?

BT works well... it's a biological control that kills the cabbage looper
caterpillar. Harmless to humans. Dunno brand names in the U.K., but look
for "bacillus thuregensis." I use the wettable powder form, which is
really the spores of the disease that kills the worms. Coverings work
well, if they're put in before the pretty white moths lay their eggs...

I very much doubt these would be cabbage looper caterpillars, the cabbage
white caterpillars here in the UK arent 'looper' types and they arent moths
they are butterflies.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com