Old 08-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Rod

Default Brassica caterpillars control?

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:35:13 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

I very much doubt these would be cabbage looper caterpillars, the cabbage
white caterpillars here in the UK arent 'looper' types and they arent moths
they are butterflies.

Right, but BT works just as well. It is effective against all
lepidopterans afaik.
For the OP, you're too late for covering to work and probably too late
for BT so it's time to deploy the finger and thumb technique. Tedious
and messy but works every time. If you start 'caterpillar patrols'
soon enough you can get the young caterpillars of the large white soon
after the eggs hatch - at that stage they're tiny and all still close
together so your thumb squashes the lot all in one go. That way it's
not a very onerous task and is very effective - we do it one quite a
large scale here.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.