Old 12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Cereus-validus

Default question about a berry plant from southern Ohio

Nope, its not Elderberry. Elderberry is a shrub.

Its Maianthemum (formerly Smilacina) racemosum.

"King Ghidora" wrote in message
http://www.fotop.net/KingGhidora/plant_photos

I found this berry plant growing on the north side of a
limestone rock overhang. I'm guess it might be Elderberry
but that's just a guess. Can anyone give me the correct
name for this plant?

There's a place on this earth my people call home,
There's hills and hollers everywhere and lots of room to roam,
We're noted for our hard times and God's greatest creation,
We're the people of the Hillbilly Nation.