Old 13-07-2004, 03:31 AM
King Ghidora

Default question about a berry plant from southern Ohio

Thanks for the help but it's not too common in my neck of
the woods. I have spent a lot of time in the woods in my
tme and I don't remember every seeing this particular plant
here. It's probably just not common in this area.

We used to try and stump my grandmother on plants when I was
a kid. She was a horticulture major in college and she
pretty much knew every plant you could find. In fact we
never found anything she couldn't identify quickly. My
point here is that we looked for unusal plants but I don't
remember ever seeing one of these. No one else I have asked
from this area has seen one either.

Anyway thanks again for the help.

On 12 Jul 2004 13:53:29 GMT, (Iris Cohen)
wrote:

:False Solomon's seal, Smilacina stellata. I don't think they are edible. It is
:a very common woodland plant.
:Iris,
:Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
:"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the oncoming
:train."
:Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

There's a place on this earth my people call home,
There's hills and hollers everywhere and lots of room to roam,
We're noted for our hard times and God's greatest creation,
We're the people of the Hillbilly Nation.