Old 10-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Stan Goodman

Default Diogs where they don't belong

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:44:04 UTC, Darryl Okahata
opined:
"Stan Goodman" writes:

I don't have "parking strips", whatever they may be, and I am not near a
sidewalk. But I understand you to be telling me to put out some
water-filled two-liter bottles along the property line, and to expect that
they will prevent the passage of dogs. Have I got it right? I do this when
the moon is full, right? I don't need any holly stakes or anything like
that?

While it may be an old wives' tale, something like this is followed
in other parts of the world: in Hawaii, people sometimes put out large
glass bottles of water (gallon jugs or so) around their yard to
"discourage" dogs and cats from going to the bathroom there.

I have no doubt of it, there is no limit to the foolishness of ignorant
people. I have seen apparently rational people swear that they are getting
energy out of a crystal hanging around their neck -- not much different from
expecting water bottles to influence the bladder and bowel discharges of
cats and dogs.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.