Old 11-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Darryl Okahata

Default Diogs where they don't belong

"Stan Goodman" writes:

While it may be an old wives' tale, something like this is followed
in other parts of the world: in Hawaii, people sometimes put out large
glass bottles of water (gallon jugs or so) around their yard to
"discourage" dogs and cats from going to the bathroom there.

I have no doubt of it, there is no limit to the foolishness of ignorant
people. I have seen apparently rational people swear that they are getting
energy out of a crystal hanging around their neck -- not much different from
expecting water bottles to influence the bladder and bowel discharges of
cats and dogs.

Well, I think the "theory" is that dogs and cats are more reluctant
to go to the bathroom around water. I have no idea how true this is.

--
Darryl Okahata