Old 11-08-2004, 05:52 AM
Sean

Default help on CO2

Brian wrote:
On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:33:22 +0100, "Stefano" wrote:

Hi,

I've tried to produce A C02 kit.

After ahow long should I see bubbles coming out of the airstone.
I've had it in 4 hours and nothing comes out.

Could it be yeast not being enough?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,
It has been some times since i last used DIY CO2 (Swithed to canister as
i find it too troublesome to whip up the mixture) so i might be wrong.
CO2 may take as long as half a day before u see bubbles coming out,
depending on your mixture. Try to check for leaks by placing soapy water
around the joints if bubbles still did not appear. DIY CO2 has very low
pressure so any loss would be significant. Anyway, i remember my
airstone disintegrated into bits after a few weeks due to the CO2 and it
made a mess of my tank. Using a flipper will be a much better idea for
DIY CO2.

Some Links from AQ forum, a great planted tank forum which i visit
regularly, on DIY CO2:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=15544
http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpBB...hlight=diy+co2

Hope it helps you .....