Old 14-08-2004, 10:20 AM
PK

Default Agricultural vs Garden use

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
. What can't I do on agricultural land that I can do
on garden land - and vice versa? TIA.

I'm sure that someone can give a better answer, but my understanding is that
Agricultural land is designated "open countryside" with a presumption
against development of housing or industry. domestic gardens are viewed
differently in the eyes of the planning authority with no automatic
presumption against development.

To take an agricultural field into a garden opens it up to development at
some future date. you can see the opportunity to buy a property on the
village edge. Extend the garden by 30m into a filed, then a few years later
sell off the garden as a building plot, or build a granny cottage on it.

pk