Old 12-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Hamp

Most garden centers sell slug/snail bait. Slugs are really a problem
for shade plants such as hostas here in the south. I sprinkle the
bait around the plants and it seems to work fine. It must be
reapplied after a rain. If you want to have some fun pour some beer
in a shallow container and place it at the base of an affected plant
overnight. Some say the beer attracts the slugs and kills them,
others say they just get drunk and drown.
Dennis wrote in message . ..
'Ole Curmudgeon startled small woodland creatures when
they said:

HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

they make fertilizer... enjoy...

----

"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant
"people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld
"If we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...