Old 10-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Darryl Okahata

"Stan Goodman" writes:

I don't have "parking strips", whatever they may be, and I am not near a
sidewalk. But I understand you to be telling me to put out some
water-filled two-liter bottles along the property line, and to expect that
they will prevent the passage of dogs. Have I got it right? I do this when
the moon is full, right? I don't need any holly stakes or anything like
that?

While it may be an old wives' tale, something like this is followed
in other parts of the world: in Hawaii, people sometimes put out large
glass bottles of water (gallon jugs or so) around their yard to
"discourage" dogs and cats from going to the bathroom there.

--
Darryl Okahata