Old 21-08-2004, 08:11 AM
dave weil

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:56:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:40:44 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

So for the best of the best look again at:-
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose and don't forget to read

it all,
and between the lines!

It's not a bad site for a UK specific website. It's an immature site
that I'm sure will grow with time. But it's hardly "the best of the
best". It's barely adequate. It doesn't address very many rose

issues
and is pretty much barebones.

For instance, *our* local website has FAR more valuable information
regarding roses.

http://www.nashvillerosesociety.com/

I don't care much for the look and feel of the NRS site, but it

still
offers practical information about the challenges that our area

offers
(issues that are FAR different than the issues that the UK growers
face).

So, drop the smugness and get on with building your site.

PS, we have quite a few National winning members as well, including

well-known breeder or two *and* Ted Mills, who makes one of the most
famous rose formulations sold in the States. I haven't been a member
for a couple of years, but I still consult the website on occasion.

Your site frankly doesn't need your bluster.

And to be even more frank, uk.rec.gardens needs your bluster even
less.

Franz

Well, tell your "Double" to stop crossposting then. My original post
was rec.gardens.roses ONLY.

Wenn ich unhöflich war, würde ich "Halt's Maul" sagen.