Old 22-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
About 20 years back, I ordered a border fork & spade from Smith & Hawken.
Great tools, but alas, the ex-wife has them. Before I drop a hundred bucks
to replace them, I'm wondering if anyone's found anything similar in

stores
(USA only, please). I need a D-handle at the top, and that cannot be
plastic. Don't care about stainless steel.

I have a set of Spear & Jackson (British mfg) that I got years ago from a
local garden center that fit your requirements. But they weren't cheap - I
think regardless of what brand name you select, for good quality,
longlasting tools, you will be looking at the better part of $100 and up.

Check out A.M. Leonard or Lee Valley Tools - both carry British tools with
steel blades and ash handles and can be ordered onlline.

pam - gardengal