Old 23-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Jim Elbrecht

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

About 20 years back, I ordered a border fork & spade from Smith & Hawken.
Great tools, but alas, the ex-wife has them. Before I drop a hundred bucks
to replace them, I'm wondering if anyone's found anything similar in stores
(USA only, please). I need a D-handle at the top, and that cannot be
plastic. Don't care about stainless steel.

I'll second Pam's suggestion on Lee Valley. Be it garden or
woodworking tools, their quality & service can't be beat. [I think
'Veritas' is a 'house brand' -- but as far as woodworking tools go,
anyway, it is as good as it gets.

http://www.leevalley.com/
[and their catalogs are absolute works of art]

Jim