Old 23-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Martin

Default Answer to the straight cut pruning method - for the second time!

Hi Hemant

This post was in response to a question put earlier, which was:-

"I'm curious about the details of that pruning method that some Brits
use for bushes. You know, the one where you just make a straight cut
across the middle top of the bush. Does anyone have any details about
it? Where do you choose your line? Do you do any other "lateral"
pruning. Etc. Etc."

I did reply to the person concerned giving the source of the article but he
either missed my reply or ignored it. That thread actually got a bit out or
control and off topic so I posted the reply you see which contains the whole
report rather that just a reference.

I would however advise against this method of pruning.

Please note my last comment which says "We do not endorse the above pruning
method. For the best way to prune roses
visit:-http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose "

Regards

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

From: Martin )
Subject: Answer to the straight cut pruning method - for the second
time!

View this article only

Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses
Date: 2004-08-21 01:44:03 PST

PRUNING ROSES WITH HEDGETRIMMERS:British Trials Show It Produces More
BloomsBy RNRS President, Ken Grapes