Old 26-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Murph

"zxcvbob" wrote
I think Vox's point was that the SUV driver's automobile liability
policy would pay, not the homeowner's policy. The homeowner's policy
*should* be irrelevant.

I mentioned the homeowner's policy eariler because it would (I think)
cover whatever was not paid by the other guy's auto policy. The
homeowner's insurance company would have an interest in you collecting
from that other policy so they wouldn't have to pay anything.

I still don't think I explained that very well...

Bob

This is why I encourage the OP to contact their agent. Each State in the
U.S.A varies, I do know for a fact that in the State of Ohio, this would be
relevant in an instance like the OP's.

It doesn't matter what, you think, Vox thinks, or I think. I'm going by my
experience in the State of Ohio. Our insurance and precedents mean
absolutely ziltch when comparing to another State.

I repeat, the OP's agent would be the best one to contact at this time.