Old 26-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Ka30P

Barb wrote how to properly clean a fish
pond?

Don't scrub the liner. Just scoop up the stuff on the bottom. A pond is a
living system and you don't want to totally wipe it out.

We have a 3,000 gallon pond.
And we have an upflow filter made out a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank.
When we clean, we empty out the filter stuff. Fill it with pond water and net
the fish in. We put in several airstones and net the top to keep the fish from
jumping out.
We drain the pond and send in a couple teenage boys with flat sided nets to
scoop out the muck. We refill the pond and let it sit for the temperatures to
equalize. Treat with dechlor. Put the fish back in. (Feed teenagers pizza.)

I would also suggest not dying the pond water. Read the algae tips in my sig
for ways to keep the pond clear.

kathy :-)
algae primer