Old 27-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Paulo

The use of glazes is regulated. In general dont trust in cups or bowls with
bright colours as reds or yellows. Particualrly if the bowl or cup is made
as decor object. You can put lemon juice in them, if the glaze loose the
finish, then could be possible be toxic

--
Paulo
Layne wrote in message ...
On 26 Aug 2004 15:01:04 -0700, (Beecrofter) wrote:

Definately heavy metals in the glazing.
Lead or Cadmium which over time the human body seems to collect and

store.

I'm curious. Do *all* glazed pots have harmful substances in the
glaze? I mean we eat and drink from glazed cups and bowls?... Is there
any way of knowing if a glazed pot contains harmful substances?

Layne