Old 27-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Philip

Default Collecting Achillea seeds

I want to increase my Achillea count, so I am wondering if anyone has
any pratical tips on how to go about collecting the seeds. The flower
heads have all but died with some showing dead stems of 1 - 2 inches
down from the flowerhead. Other heads are still yellow in places. So
I reckon I have a good cross section from truly finished flowers to
still alive flowerheads.

I had a little tug at one flower head and found that there were
nothing resembling seeds as the whole thing broke down into a pile of
very small dust like particles. I have no doubt that somewhere in
there was the seeds, hence my question.

Is there some clever method for extracting the seeds.

Thanks all

Phil