Old 27-08-2004, 08:23 PM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:47:03 -0400, " Fisherman"
wrote:

I've been pulling weeds from a lawn and now the lawn is 30% soil and 70%
grass

I plan to seed it. Maybe broadcasting over soil and grass or maybe trying to
hit only the soil spots.

My question is: Should I sow grass seed and fertilizer at the same time?

If I fertilize and immediately add the grass seed will the fertilizer hurt
the seed?

Thanks

IMHO I wouldn't seed and feed at the same time.

Here's why. The existing grass will burst into growth, cutting off
sunlight to the lower grass, and choking it.

I would seed, water, wait, then when it's started growing well, even
tiny is fine, then blast it with feed. Now that it's out of the seed
it can compete with growing with the already established grass.

hth,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***************
Our Newest Site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com (Medical Staffing)