Old 27-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Tumbleweed

"Philip" wrote in message
m...
I want to increase my Achillea count, so I am wondering if anyone has
any pratical tips on how to go about collecting the seeds. The flower
heads have all but died with some showing dead stems of 1 - 2 inches
down from the flowerhead. Other heads are still yellow in places. So
I reckon I have a good cross section from truly finished flowers to
still alive flowerheads.

I had a little tug at one flower head and found that there were
nothing resembling seeds as the whole thing broke down into a pile of
very small dust like particles. I have no doubt that somewhere in
there was the seeds, hence my question.

Is there some clever method for extracting the seeds.

Thanks all

Phil

IME the bloody things self seed all over the garden and are a nightmare to
eradicate. You may be surprised next spring :-)

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com