Old 28-08-2004, 12:18 AM
keith Alexander

I agree Eucalyptus will be the quickest choice plus the can be had
relatively cheaply.
Buy small plants as the larger ones become pot bound quickly in the Garden
Centres and do not establish as well
they can be pruned hard back once more permanent plants become established
and then make good shrubs.

another option may be cut leaved elders (sambucus) these again grow very
fast.

but all this is relative you are still looking at being overlooked for
probably at least three years

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 22/8/04 10:12, in article , "Lynda
Thornton" wrote:

snip

It's fairly exposed being on a higher area but there are higher trees
and hedges nearby so there is some shelter from the worse winds etc, and
it is south-ish facing so gets plenty of sun. Something fairly fast
growing would be best but with a max height of around 30ft as much
higher would just be too big really and there is the issue of invasive
roots as well. I don't mind the colour really but need something not
too wide-spreading as it might block our access up some steps into the
raised area.

Can anyone suggest good trees for this kind of situation?

Have a look at this:
www.eucalyptus.co.uk
They're grown in quite tough conditions and there are many different
types.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk