Old 29-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Brian Watson

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1gj92s2.1hgt3svxbp48wN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Brian Watson wrote:

If Cambridgeshire gets as good a summer as we've had this year and I can
shield it so it's not blown away, I think I might get lucky with a few
edible fruits.

P.edulis or P.quadrangularis (there are a couple of others I don't
remember offhand.) However these aren't likely to do welloutside (its
usually the wet in winter that kills em as well as the cold)

http://www.passiflora-uk.co.uk/collection.shtml

if you can get hold of a copy of Passionflowers by John Vanderplank (my
local library has a copy, you might get lucky)

Common Blue is supposed to be quite nice mixed with apple in pie and the
leaves make a anxiolytic tea (studies showed efffects similar to
Tamezepam but with less side effects!) (don't try this at home kids)

MYLES IRVINE's site at:
http://www.passionflow.co.uk/ has LOADS of info on growing and mentions
a few fellow URG members

Great, thank you. I may try them in a top-protected, but sunny, spot.

--
Brian
Sig: I have nothing to say