Old 30-08-2004, 12:33 PM
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
I spent a good part of Sat and Sun painting a fairly old fence with

Homebase
Forest Green wood treatment (using brush not roller).

The coverage is, IMO, very poor.

I think did all the right things in terms of stirring it well before use

and
brushing off loose surface dust and cobwebs etc, but it was pretty much

like
JUST applying water.

Whatever was on the wood before (some panels had previously been treated

and
some hadn't) still shows through the green.

I suppose I'm now committed to giving it at least one more coat of the

same,
but is there a better product for this purpose?

Was the fence completely dry? The recent wet weather will have soaked it
and any damp patches will not 'take'.