Old 30-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Ad Meijer

I tried to sent a humble advise to this dear Hobbit.
But the mail addres at Bags-End is wrong.
Storing applen and pears as well af plums is quite a trick.
Apples being the driest are the easy thing. cool, and dry. and ! layer .
when 1 rots, take it out.
pears and plums can harly be stored outside the refrigerator.
Plums can be frozen, but are only for use in cooking then, as they wont hold
moisture.
Apples and pears can be canned, or dried. plums can be dries as well
Dried they will last just as long as Lembas.
"Bilbo Baggins" wrote in message
This has probably been covered before but I couldn't find anything on the
faq page.

We have just harvested apples, pears and plums from our allotment. Can
anybody recommend the best way of storing them. I have looked at various
sites and read differing opinions. Some say wrap apples and pears and put
in a cool place, some say put in plastic bags with holes punched (the

bag -
not the fruit), some say only store in a refrigerator (not that we have

room
anyway). Some sites say not to wrap pears. One site recommended wiping
fruit with a solution of household bleach!

I would appreciate any advice.

KW