Old 31-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Sacha

Default OT Little Owls

I've asked this question on the birdwatching group with no success, so I
hope someone here might be able to answer my query:
We've had Little Owls the garden for years and are accustomed to
hearing them calling at various times of the day and then going off for part
of the summer.
However, although they were with us this spring, they seem not to have
returned and we can't imagine why, barring accidents, of course. The ones
we've had before have raised young successfully and there is plenty of food
for them because we are in the middle of farming land and much of it is
organic. We don't use pesticides on the Nursery, either.
Can anyone shed any light on this or do we have to accept that we've lost
them? Do they go away for longer periods than we're accustomed to and then
return either still later in the year, or perhaps the following spring?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk