Old 31-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Cat

Default lawnmowers

Following from my earlier post on my new lawn, I am now on the shopping
trail for a lawnmower. Bearing in mind we have between 1/3 and 1/4 acre
under grass, we are looking at biggish, rotary petrol powered machine. And
further to advice received here, one preferably with mulching option.
Have you any advice as to what kind of spec we should go for? Is 52 cm (21
inch) cutting width overkill? Would a narrower beast do the trick? Should we
go for 3.5 or 6 hp engines? Any other spec aspect we should bear in mind?
I would imagine manoeuvrability and weight would be considerations too. I
won't ask about prices, as we are in teh Euro zone, and once I get a fix on
the spec, I can go and shop around.
Many thanks :-)

--
Cat(h)