Old 01-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Janet Galpin

The message
from "bnd777" contains these words:

"Paul" wrote in message
I have now put 2 pictures on the web at the following address :-

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pau...PxqBB0kVeD.lsI
have also corrected my email address (remove NOSPAM to reply)Paul"Paul"
wrote in message
I have a slow growing conifer tree in my back garden which is being

blamed
for subsidence, how do I identify it to find more information about this
particular species.

Regards Paul

looks like Lawsons Cypress to me

I don't think that even the immature foliage of Lawson's Cypress is as
spiky as this one. It might be a Juniper of some kind.
Juniperus communis 'Hibernica' (Irish Juniper) is quite upright and is
also slow-growing.

I'd be surprised if it would cause subsidence though.

Janet G