Old 25-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Roy

On 25 Aug 2004 14:40:38 -0700, (Barb) wrote:

===We have a pond in our backyard in Tennessee. We have had it for four
===years. We had twenty goldfish and 1 catfish in it. It had become
===very green with algae so we decided to clean it. We bought a
===container to put our fish in while we cleaned it. We put the fish,
===their current pond water, and the water hyacinth in the holding
===container. We then emptied the pond, power washed it, and refilled
===it. We added chlorine remover after we filled it. We added the fish
===back to the water. Then, my husband added some algae blocker (blue in
===color) to the water after the fish were re-introduced to the pond.
===The next morning, all the goldfish were dead. We are wondering what
===went wrong. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
===
===Thanks.

PH level and temperature adjustment are the first things that come to
mind. Did you check the ph....was the new the same as the old waters
ph? Was the temps the same and did you float the fish to acclimate
them to a possible difference in the temps? Did you use any type of
detergent to clean your pond? Was it thouroughly rinsed and free of
any possible residue? Did you use sufficient chlorine remover?

Not an expert by any means but I would wonder about the things I
listed if it was me.... Nothing else has really changed but the water
change and it has to be with the water, at least I would think so.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.