Old 01-09-2004, 05:59 PM
aka Robbie

Default New, Cheap and Reliable lawnmower......

Is there such a thing as a new, cheap and reliable lawnmower? If so I need
one.

Put this way, I have an old Black and Decker Stripemaster, with a very blunt
blade. I popped to a few garden centres over the bank holiday weekend to see
if I could get a new blade. Most looked blank and one laughed saying "yeah
right. Black and Decker stopped making lawnmowers over 10 years ago mate.
You'll never get a new blade for that piece of history"!!!!

So, a new mower it is.

Ideally I would be after a cylinder mower that stripes my lawn. Electric not
push (though petrol would be tempting). But so long as it covers the
following points I will be happy:
a) It stripes
b) It is reliable
c) I don't have to do the hard work (ie no pushing), except emptying the
cuttings
d) It doesn't cost much £'s

Any ideas????

Peter