Old 01-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Mike

Is there such a thing as a new, cheap and reliable lawnmower? If so I need
one.

Put this way, I have an old Black and Decker Stripemaster, with a very

blunt
blade. I popped to a few garden centres over the bank holiday weekend to

see
if I could get a new blade. Most looked blank and one laughed saying "yeah
right. Black and Decker stopped making lawnmowers over 10 years ago mate.
You'll never get a new blade for that piece of history"!!!!

So, a new mower it is.

Is it? Can it not be sharpened?

I have always sharpened my cutting edges, either with a file, oilstone or
angle grinder whatever fits and suits best.

Chisels
Scissors
Shredder Blades
Large Knives made out of High Speed Hacksaw blades (Wonderful for cutting
slabs of Fibre Glass Insulation)
Roto Scythe Blades.
Spades!
Hoes

NOT done. Saws. Chuck 'em away and buy a new one!!

mike