Old 02-09-2004, 02:59 PM
David Hill

Kay wrote ".........If you want a world-wide gardening ng, rec.gardens is
available....."

rec.gardens is world wide if you consider North America to be the world.
Those posting from outside this area frequently get sarcastic comments and
being told that rec.gardens is for America only.
I for one like to think that in this group we are more tolerant, and
prepared to share our knowledge with anyone who wants it.
By the way some varieties of Banana are capable of being grown outdoors in
parts of the UK.
I just wish that people posting questions would give an idea of their
location, be it in the UK or beyond.
Finally, I was doing a sale a couple of weeks ago and a young couple were
looking at some of my plants.
She turned to him and said "Shall we get some plants for the garden?"
"Don't you remember" he said "Mam bought us 4 last year".

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries