Old 02-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Aardvark

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:42:45 +0100, "Ian Waddell"
wrote:

Hmmm, bit too swift with the send button!

Basically I've cut down some very dense growth of honeysuckle that I
*thought* was growing from our garden. Whilst I was doing this the
neighbour behind us informed me that it has grown from the neighbour to our
side.

Now, I'm planning to cut it back to their border, and erect a fence - but
besides regular pruning does anyone have any tips on how to stop it growing
back over?

What are you hoping to achieve with your garden, a wasteland? Plants
are natural things that do not live by the same rules as us. If they
fancy growing over a fence, then thats just what they will do.
Regardless of whose fence it is and which side of the fence they are
supposed to stay on.

I like it when neighbours plant climbing plants on the shady side of
their garden. The climber races up to the sunlight and spills over
the fence normally giving a nice display of flowers and growth,
without the need for maintenance.

You could build your fence so high that the Honeysuckle cannot get
over. Or go down the garden and give it a good stern talking to.

Phil