Old 02-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Phil L

Aardvark wrote:
:: On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:42:45 +0100, "Ian Waddell"
:: wrote:
::
::: Hmmm, bit too swift with the send button!
:::
::: Basically I've cut down some very dense growth of honeysuckle
::: that I *thought* was growing from our garden. Whilst I was doing
::: this the neighbour behind us informed me that it has grown from
::: the neighbour to our side.
:::
::: Now, I'm planning to cut it back to their border, and erect a
::: fence - but besides regular pruning does anyone have any tips on
::: how to stop it growing back over?
:::
::
::
:: What are you hoping to achieve with your garden, a wasteland?
:: Plants are natural things that do not live by the same rules as
:: us. If they fancy growing over a fence, then thats just what they
:: will do. Regardless of whose fence it is and which side of the
:: fence they are supposed to stay on.
::
:: I like it when neighbours plant climbing plants on the shady side
:: of their garden. The climber races up to the sunlight and spills
:: over the fence normally giving a nice display of flowers and
:: growth, without the need for maintenance.

It's strange you should mention this...I have three or four clematis growing
in pots on a shady fence, all we see is a few miserable stalks and weeds
growing in the pots, next door meanwhile has a mass of flowers and
foilage...it was only this afternoon that I thought about cutting it all
back and repotting it for next year and moving it to a sunnier position in
my own garden....when's the best time to do this anyone?