Old 03-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Franz Heymann

"Phil L" wrote in message
Nick Maclaren wrote:
:: In article ,
:: Phil L wrote:
:::::
::: There are still some flowers on it now, though not as many as
::: there has been, I'll leave it a few more weeks and cut it right
::: back...I've no idea if it's an armandii, but it's in the way
::: where it is...we have bindweed and a few brambles taking root
::: very close - I cannot get to them to treat them or get the roots
::: out with the tangle of clematis in the way.
::
:: C. armandii is the hardy evergreen clematis, with leathery green
:: leaves c. 8" long (somewhat laurel-like). No other clematis that
:: grows in the UK is anything like it.
::
::
It's not an armandii then, I've no idea what type it is, I rarely

see any
flowers unless I look through an upstairs window and peer over next

doors.

There are a large number of common, late flowering clematis which are
supposed to be cut right down to 2 or 3 buds from the ground in the
off-season. If your clematis is one of those, you will have no
problem at all moving them a little later in the year. I would be
inclined to give it a bash.

Franz