Old 03-09-2004, 02:24 PM
D Russell

"Phil L" wrote in message
Aardvark wrote:
:: On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:42:45 +0100, "Ian Waddell"
:: wrote:
::
It's strange you should mention this...I have three or four clematis

growing
in pots on a shady fence, all we see is a few miserable stalks and weeds
growing in the pots, next door meanwhile has a mass of flowers and
foilage...it was only this afternoon that I thought about cutting it all
back and repotting it for next year and moving it to a sunnier position in
my own garden....when's the best time to do this anyone?

One of our neighbours put up a conservatory then asked me what I did with
the lovely yellow spring flowering plant that used to grow between our
houses. I pointed out that a) We'd never seen it flower because they had the
sunny side of the fence, and b) They'd built a conservatory on the border.

Ho hum, can't all be gardeners I guess