Old 03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Mike

Large Garden.

Small Garden

Is there a parameter set to define size of garden?

I only know that when magazines and TV progs talk about "Small
Gardens" they are almost always several times bigger than mine.
Mine is 27 x 15 feet. (Front even smaller)

Pam in Bristol

Well this is what brought the subject of size up. Do for example Garden
Planners, Seedmen, Garden Maintenance Companies, Nurseries etc, have a
'norm' which defines 'Small', 'Large'?

I know when I was in business and a prospective customer telephoned me 'How
much?', I had to ask lots of questions. If I ring a Travel Agent and ask him
how much a Cruise will cost. How long, how many, where to?, but I have it in
my mind, that somewhere, such as in your quote above, there is a Small/Large
divide. Taking your size vs. mine, our is small 100 ft (depending on whether
you count garage and parking space) x 20 ft. What would a TV Producer call

Mike