Old 29-08-2004, 10:30 PM
W Dale

1. It is ever seldom too late to start doing something good, right, or
helpful. :-) . In this case helpful to your fish and to your pleasure
by being able to see them. 8-) !!
2. Please get a filter going. PLEASE! ;-) . You just gotta do it!
3. I just built a veggie filter (one week ago) and hope to have it
completely stocked with WH by the middle of this week. We only have
about 8 weeks of pond season left here in Colorado Springs and the folks
up on the mountain have even less. However, I did not let that deter me
from getting my VF going. Even if I only get 2 weeks of clear water,
that is two weeks of enjoying the fish that I would not have otherwise
had and, the work is already done for the spring! All I (and you) will
have to do is turn on the bio-mechinacal and stock the VG and we will
have a jump on the algae for next year!

So, Gareee, take the 'plunge' to get you pond up to speed with a filter
and or veggie filter!
Success to you!!

W. Dale
Gareee© wrote:

Sigh.. don't think I'll see our fish this year.

We had green water, and I put barley pads in to kill the algae off.

Once it died off, we were treated to brown "tea" water, still murky.

We've had lots of rain this year, and the pond is in about 3/4 sun, so now
I'm back to green water.

I still haven't gotten a filter of any kind, and it's kinda late in the
season to start a veggie filter.

Someone mentioned a UV filter that also acts as a normal filter as well.

Who makes them?

It ain't easy seeing green...