Old 03-09-2004, 05:14 PM
newsb

In article , Mike
writes
BUT, as you have seen on this newsgroup, there are
the 'old hands' who 'own' the newsgroup and act as net nannies. They are far
more fortunate than the likes of you and me, in that they were born with the
information and didn't have to learn it

Well I've only been looking in for a few months and I see some regular
posters posting useful information and responding to questions from new
and old alike. In addition to that, I see a few comments on posting
etiquette - the "rules" (written and unwritten) for all - that keep such
a group readable and enjoyable. Believe me, where they aren't adhered
to, groups quickly become very difficult to read and next to useless as
far as information goes.

I've also seen you making this comment a number of times. Sufficiently
often for someone to jump to the conclusion that you either you are
being picked on or that you might have a a finely chopped piece of
solanum-tuberosum on your shoulder. (Not sure which variety).

--
regards andyw