Old 04-09-2004, 01:29 AM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:00:12 -0400, CW wrote:

There is some logic in holding off fertilization for a week or two
after sowing. The existing grass can indeed experience explosive
growth because of the starter fert. My lawn is doing exactly that
right now!

This is particularly true if you are sowing with kentucky blue grass
or tall fescue where the seed may take 2-3 weeks to germinate.
Meanwhile your existing grass is having a field day.

CW

Becareful taking my side, this is a tough crowd. :-P

later,

tom

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:13:22 -0400, colt
wrote:

IMHO I wouldn't seed and feed at the same time.

Here's why. The existing grass will burst into growth, cutting off
sunlight to the lower grass, and choking it.

I would seed, water, wait, then when it's started growing well, even
tiny is fine, then blast it with feed. Now that it's out of the seed
it can compete with growing with the already established grass.

hth,

tom

That's not true LOL if you cut the grass close before you sow......
It's not like it's gonna just burst into a growth.

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***************
Our Newest Site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com (Medical Staffing)

http://www.CarFleaMarket.com
Discover low-cost sell my car ads to the web!