Old 04-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Franz Heymann

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat wrote:

I heard that dog pee is bad for compost - course, too much human

pee is also
bad for compost and with two big gsds we're talking baout alot of

pee.

It has to be a HELL of a lot! Bacteria are pretty efficient at

breaking
down aerated urine - and a suitable compost heap will ensure that

the
urine is aerated.

The objection is to dog faeces, anyway, because of the diseases that
are carried by dog and cat faeces. Urine is usually sterile, and
doesn't contain any resistant spore/whatever diseases anyway, so no
form of urine is a problem on a compost heap in moderate quantities.

Anyway - I got a compost *bin* and I can't see them cocking their

legs high
enough to get the right angle. ;-)

Now, I agree THAT is a problem :-)

Potty-train them and empty the contents into the compost heap
manually.

Franz