Old 09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Henry Kiefer

Dave schrieb in Nachricht ...
Folks;

I added some yeast and baking soda to a DIY CO2 mix that's been hooked up
for a couple of weeks and losing its steam, er, CO2. Upon adding the

baking
soda, I got quite a bit of fizz. Knowing the mix is acidic and remembering
experiments in school with eye-piercing vinegar-and-baking-soda-powered
rockets, I'm guessing the fizz is CO2 and that it's safe to hook up the
reanimated mix immediately - yes? Thanks in advance.

Hi!
I have some difficulties with your english.
Baking soda is NaHCO3. If you add water to it, it gases out CO2, leaving
NaOH in the water. The same is it, if you burn it above 65 centigrade
temperatur. Then you have dry NaOH and CO2 gases out.

cu -
Henry

--

Schau auch mal auf meine Homepage www.ehydra.dyndns.info
u.a. Versand von Wasserflohzuchtansatz, Wasserpflanzen/-schnecken,