Old 15-09-2004, 05:02 AM
reva dozier

Default Pruning Geraniums

I live in Southern California where geraniums are treated as
perenials. I have ten or twelve gerariums growing on my patio that
have become leggy and quite unattractive. The leaves are getting
smaller and bunching together. I would like to prune them but I don't
know when to do it. I am not sure either whether these are actually
geraniums or pelargoniums. Are they treated differently? I have some
in hanging pots and some are uprigiht. I have been mulling this
problem over for quite a while when I suddenly realized that I had
the perfect source to answer my problem right on my computer
at rec.gardens. Please help. TIA