Old 16-09-2004, 04:34 PM

To protect against rabbits and deer, go with the fence (wooden or rabbit fencing
which "disappears" nicely when backed by shrubs) on the bottom and put the wires
above. We havent done electric fencing around my mothers property because of the
bitch next door who would probably run off screaming to the city so we used bird
netting and laid down that green vinyl covered square open wire fencing on the
outside. Deer dont like the feel of something coming up around their feet or legs.
we bend it to have a curve and use "earth stakes" to keep it down in place.
along the road deer were coming thru the fencing breaking it so we hammered in 10
foot conduit in an X in those spots and they have left the fence along there.
it is very true that deer dont have 3D and are wary about jumping a double fence.
Ingrid

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:
.. I use it with two hot strands on top of a 4 foot fence
to keep racoons and groundhogs from going over. (We once saw deer right
across the street but haven't had them in our yard, so far as I know.)

For deer you'd probably want more strands or even flat bands.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.