Old 17-09-2004, 02:51 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Glad you made it, and apparently have power (generator?) Sorry about the
trees, pump and mess. ~ jan

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:48:06 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

Its actually more than full as the stream came up so high it was
higher than my ponds spillway and it flooded into the pond. Water was
within 3 inches of going over my enclosure and I was sweating it for
awhile. Its starting to recede now so thats a relief. All its going to
cost me is a new pump oif I can't fix this one. In all the years I
lived here and lots of heavy rains hurricanes and storms the water has
never gotten up as high as it did this time, and I had thought my
pumps sublevel house was ore than sufficient to keepo water out of it,
if the pond or creek rose up......wrong, pump was under more than a
foot or water. Gonna give it time to dry out after I take it apart,
but its gonna have to set for awhile as the house and property comes
first.......Old Ivan managed to dump 19 1/2 inches of rain on me in
less than 12 hours time.........and wipe out over 2 dozen mature oak
and long leaf pine trees, and those are just the ones I am gonna have
to finish taking down. He knocked quite a few done all the way. Most
are in the 100+ foot tall range.........
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.